NEWS AND EVENTS: NOVEMBER 2017
CHRISTMAS GIFT WRAPPING
WIN WHAT YOU WANT
Shoppers are invited to enter the ‘Win What You Want’ competition to be in with the chance of bagging something extra for Christmas.
To get involved, shoppers must visit Belle Vale Shopping Centre, take a photo of something they like while shopping and post it onto Belle Vale’s Facebook page. One lucky shopper will win an item of their choice up to the value of £40.00!
The competition is now open for entries and will close at 11:59pm on Thursday 7th December, with the winner being notified on Friday 8th December.
Sponsored by Rubax, the Centre’s lift contractor.
Terms & Conditions
- This competition is being run by Belle Vale Shopping Centre, Childwall Valley Road, L25 2RF, Liverpool
- The prize is an approved item to the value of £40.00 that entrants have taken a photograph of. This is non-transferable and no cash alternative is available.
- To enter, participants must:
- Go to Belle Vale Shopping Centre
- Take a picture of what they want to win
- Post the photo on the competition post on the Centre’s Facebook Page
- The competition will run from 10am Monday 20th November – 11:59pm on Thursday 7th December.
- Entry into the competition is restricted to one entry per person per day. Entries received after the stated date will not be eligible.
- A winner will be contacted on Friday 8th December and must be able to collect the prize from Belle Vale Shopping Centre, Childwall Valley Road, L25 2RF, Liverpool.
- If we fail to be able to make contact with the winner within 24 hours another winner will be selected.
- By entering into the competition the winner agrees to participate in all associated PR and marketing activities.
- Employees of the Centre, their immediate families, press, agencies, sponsors and commercial partners or any person directly or indirectly connected to the competition are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The information provided by the entrants will be used by Belle Vale, unless the entrant has selected otherwise, to notify them of further events and offers. Information will not be passed onto third parties.
BOOK FLOOD EVENT
On Saturday 9th December, the multi award-winning community venture The BIG Little Library is giving away brand new children’s books for Christmas. The campaign is in conjunction with BookTrust, the UK’s largest children’s reading charity and the Belle Vale shopping centre in Liverpool.
The BIG Little Library is the multi award-winning community venture by Gateacre School in Liverpool. The idea for the library came about from a simple idea; wanting to help improve literacy within the community.
In Iceland, books are exchanged on Christmas Eve, and you spend the rest of the night reading. People generally take their books to bed along with some chocolate. How cosy does that sound? The Christmas tradition, known as Jolabokaflod, which means ‘Christmas Book Flood’ a tradition that dates back to World War Two when foreign imports were restricted but paper was relatively inexpensive.
BookTrust, the UK’s largest children’s reading charity, has donated hundreds of brand new children’s books of all ages to The BIG Little Library initiative, in order to support and encourage reading in the local community.
Lisa Mitchell, who heads up The BIG Little Library explains: “The books are for all ages, from babies up to young adults, and we hope that not only will this event help ease the monetary pressure of Christmas, but it will also start a tradition with families and friends to give and receive books at Christmas and spread the love of Reading for Pleasure. We want to create a Book flood and get as many children as possible excited about reading this festive season.”
The Book Flood will be open from 12-4pm on Saturday 9th December and The Belle Vale Shopping Centre, where each customer will be given a FREE brand-new children’s book, for them to pass to a loved one on Christmas Eve.
Diana Gerald, CEO, BookTrust says: “BookTrust is delighted to support The BIG Little Library with its Christmas campaign to get children reading. The Book Flood is a fantastic initiative following the Icelandic tradition of exchanging gifts on Christmas Eve, ensuring as many local children as possible have something special this festive season.”